To view current constitution please click here.
To read proposal to increase maximum parent representatives from 8 to 15 please click here.
Wednesday, 1 May 2019
Saturday, 17 November 2018
Takes place on Tues 20 November 2018 at 7pm in Community Classroom Westray JH School. Refreshments will be served & there will also be a fun quiz to enjoy and fundraising raffle to support with proceeds to parent council funds. All parents are warmly invited. Please come along if you are able lend your support.
Tuesday, 25 September 2018
Tuesday, 12 June 2018
Monday, 26 March 2018
Westray Parent Council has four vacancies and seeks to nominate and elect four Parent Representatives.
The following are extracts from the Constitution relating to the nomination and election process.
- Parent members will be chosen to serve for a period of four years. The Parent Council shall ensure that parents are elected on a rolling programme so that all parents cannot stand down at the same time. Parent representatives who have served their term may be nominated for immediate re-election.
- All the parents of children at the school can take part in the selection process. However, teaching staff cannot be selected as a parent member if they are employed as a teacher of the Westray Junior High School for more than 0.2 FTE (1 day per week).
- Parents have to be nominated by one other parent for election to the Parent Council (but not their partner).
- Following nomination there will be an election providing there are a greater number of nominees than parent member places.
- Election will be by ballot papers circulated to all parents of the school from Nursery to Secondary 4 age. Election will be by simple majority. In the event of an equal number of votes for the final place a draw will be undertaken.
Please complete and return the nomination form which has been mailed to all parents/guardians in a sealed envelope to the following address:
“Nomination for Westray Parent Council” c/o Jo MacDonald, Parent Council Clerk, Westray Junior High School, Pierowall, Westray. KW17 2DH
Nominations will close at 3pm on Friday 30 March 2018.
The current parent representatives are: Helen Bain, Kenneth Harcus, Clare Lucas & May Paterson. The School Staff Representative is Graham Garson and Jennifer Foley is a Co-opted Member.
Parents are reminded that representatives can be a link between you and the school if you have anything that you wish to raise through the Parent Council.
Thursday, 22 June 2017
Please note that the next meeting of Westray Parent Council will be at 7pm on Tuesday 26 September 2017.